Environmental and Quality Policies
Eurobond's quality policy aims to create a safer working environment that focus on a quality philosophy with business systems based on ISO9001:2008. Continuous improvement in all our business activities is essential including manufacture, logistics, cost management and safety. Eurobond utilise highly trained and motivated employees working closely in teams to achieve this policy.
- to be the first choice partner to our customers for the manufacture and supply of non-combustible composite panels.
- to manufacture products which meet the customers' demands for quality, performance, costs.
Eurobond will work to achieve this by:
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining an Integrated Management System which complies with the requirements of ISO9001:2008 and ISO14001:2004.
- Establishing and implementing BES 6001 to ensure responsible sourcing throughout the supply chain. Re-using and recycling raw material where this is practicable. In particular all stone wool waste will be collected and returned to Rockwool or Knauf for processing into new raw material. All steel waste will be returned to Tata for incorporation into smelting to manufacture new raw material.
- Manage long term financial performance. Provide stability and enable long term investment in social and environmental aspects which underpin the economy.
- Complying with all relevant local, national and international legislation and codes of practice and, where feasible and cost effective, adopting the best available technique with no exclusions for the manufacture of the Eurobond range of stone wool core composite panels for all thicknesses, sizes and face materials.
- Communicating our quality & environmental policy, procedures and performance to the workforce, and to other organizations as appropriate.
- Striving to understand our customers' needs and expectations and thereby satisfying them.
- Achieving and maintaining a cost-effective, profitable and environmentally friendly manufacturing process.
- Setting objectives and targets for Quality and Environmental performance, and establishing measures to enable us to review progress against those targets regularly.
- Setting and maintaining the highest standards of health & safety throughout the business.
- Providing evidence of our approach to the protection of natural resources and climate change through the reduction of greenhouse gases, and demonstrating a commitment to the prevention of all forms of pollution.
- Employing a continual improvement approach to our products, services and internal processes, particularly those with significant environmental impact.
- Training and developing a competent and efficient team-oriented workforce whilst raising environmental awareness.
- Promoting open and effective communication throughout the organisation.
- Reviewing this Policy, and the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System and business processes at Director Level at least once per year.
This Policy and the Eurobond Integrated Management Systems Manual describe the structure of the documented system; they describe how the associated procedures and processes are deployed to ensure that the company will only supply products that conform to agreed specifications and standards, meet the needs and expectations of our Customers, with minimal impact on the Environment
Low Environmental Impact
Full Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) in the form of Environmental Product Declarations (EPD), demonstrate the low environmental impact of Eurobond's steel faced composite panels.
Our products have zero ozone depleting potential and zero global warming potential, encouraging a significantly lower environmental impact than many other composite panel manufacturers.
With the environmental impact and sustainability increasing its significance within building design, BREEAM tools have become a cornerstone of environmental assessment. Using LCA data, a BREEAM assessment evaluates against set criteria to provide an overall score which will fall within a band providing either a PASS, GOOD, VERY GOOD or EXCELLENT rating.
The environmental credentials of Eurobond product's ensures that within the materials section of a BREEAM assessment, buildings are given an excellent chance of achieving a high rating.
All Eurobond composite panels are engineered to help fulfill the energy performance and air leakage requirements demanded for the envelope of modern buildings. Relevant panel construction details have been thermally modelled using the BRE approved finite element software package, TRISCO.